Tooth decay is a progressive destruction of tooth hard tissue, evolving from enamel until pulp (« violent toothache »). Dental plaque accumulation composed of food rubbish, in contact with naturally present bacteria in mouth, changes into acids and implies a decaying risk. Acids attack teeth by digging little by little a hole across it.
- Natural weak protection : poor saliva protection
- Feeding rich in sugar
- Dental plaque accumulation
- Located tooth pain more or less intense according to the step of the tooth decay evolution
- High sensitivity to hot and cold on the concerned tooth.
- Regular teeth brushing after each meal with BUCCOTHERM® Tooth Decay Prevention for adults, or BUCCOTHERM® Junior or My First BUCCOTHERM® for kids ; following by a pulverization of BUCCOTHERM® Dental Spray to protect teeth from acid attacks.
- A fluorine provision adapted to the person and its age
- Balanced diet and low-sugared food
- No snaking bewteen meals
Regular screening to the dentist : it will treat tooth decay at an early stage. There is no cure for tooth decay : we can stop its progress by curettage, then we need to close the residual cavity. This screening will be ideally every 6 months, at least one annual visit for adult who present few problems of tooth decay or sensitive gums.
Tooth decay risk is high for children and adolescent because of nibbling and hygiene lack.