The BUCCOTHERM® range was born thanks to the combination of oral and thermal
Founded nearly 20 years ago, the family business is the fruit of the meeting between Jean-Jacques Lascombes, a pharmacist by training, and a dental surgeon from the Gers who will make him discover the benefits of the Thermal Spring water of Castéra-Verduzan.
After that, the will to make this Water, with its exceptional and recognized virtues, available to all, will guide Jean-Jacques Lascombes every day in the management of this growing SME, and now his son Roland, who has since taken over the reins of the company.
Today, the laboratory continues its ascent in France and internationally thanks to the rigorous work of its teams, its industrial investments and its passionate and involved partners on a daily basis.
For a 360° virtual tour of our factory, click here: 360° virtual visit of our facilities
A retrospective starting from Antiquity…
- Antiquity: The Romans used to go to the hot springs to cure sore throats and mouth aches.
- 1840: 1st thermal cure known for the treatment of periodontal diseases.
- 1983: Source approved by the Ministry of Health for the treatment of the A.M.B. (Affections of the Bucco-lingual Mucous membranes) and periodontopathies.
- 1998: Creation of the Laboratoire ODOST by Jean-Jacques Lascombes, pharmacist.
- 1999: Rehabilitation of the spa of Castéra-Verduzan.
- 2002: Launch of the BUCCOTHERM® range in pharmacies and parapharmacies by Roland Lascombes with 3 products for adults: BUCCOTHERM® Tooth Decay Prevention, BUCCOTHERM® Sensitive Gums Fluoride-free and BUCCOTHERM® Dental Spray.
- 2005: Launch of the Child range with BUCCOTHERM® “My First” 2-6 years Mango.
- 2006: BUCCOTHERM® is exported. This is the beginning of the internationalization of the range.
- 2007: Launch of BUCCOTHERM® Teething Gel. The Children’s range expands with new Peach and Strawberry flavors!
- 2009: Launch of BUCCOTHERM® Whitening & Care.
- 2010: Product formulas are revised to be more natural. Our Organic products are certified by ECOCERT.
- 2011: Launch of BUCCOTHERM® Mouthwash Alcohol-free and BUCCOTHERM® Oral Spray Organic certified.
- 2012: Launch of the dermo-cosmetic range CASTERA® with the Thermal Mist.
- 2014: Extension of the CASTERA® range: Cleansing Water, Washing Gel and Solar Spray. Launch of BUCCOTHERM® Chewing-gum Sugar-free.
- 2016: Launch of BUCCOTHERM® Kids +3 years old Red Berry Fluoride-free and Organic certified.
- 2017: Distribution of the BUCCOTHERM® range in France in pharmacies by Pierre Fabre Oral Care.
- 2019: Launch of BUCCOTHERM® Sensitive Gums Organic certified with Fluoride and BUCCOTHERM® Junior 7-12 years old Peach Iced Tea Organic certified.